Please note that there are only a few days left to bid on prizes for
I’m very pleased to announce that the apron is no longer just an idea and a rectangular piece of fabric. It is sewn! And we think it looks great!
There are still no bids on my apron! Please remember, anyone is welcome to bid on this apron. It is being offered internationally.
I’m of two minds about the fact that nobody has bid on the apron. One part of me is thinking, “Oooooh!! I get to keep it!” But the other part of me is thinking, “Rats. My apron is not helping to feed the hungry!”
Here are incentives to bid on my apron:
- You’ll be helping to feed the hungry.
- You’ll be the envy of your friends. Who else has a hand-sewn, wonderful 100% cotton apron with elephants, camels and leopards waltzing around on it?
- The odds are that you’re pretty much assured of winning it.
To be the lucky winner of the apron (and/or many other prizes), all you have to do is purchase raffle ticket(s). For every US$10 donated, you will receive one virtual raffle ticket. (For one $10 bid on the apron, please type “1xCA06” into the “Personal Message” section of the donation form at Firstgiving. )
(click on apron image to see larger view and more photos)
- Select your choice of prize(s) from the Menu for Hope site – remember to note the code number of the prize. (This is the global list of all prizes donated this year.) Please check the terms and conditions for each prize BEFORE you bid; some have shipping restrictions and/or expiry dates.
- Go to the donation site and make a donation.
- Please specify your prize code number(s) in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Each US$10 you donate gives you one virtual raffle ticket. If you are purchasing more than one ticket, please indicate how you would like the tickets to be allocated. eg: a donation of US$50 might be 1xCA06, 1xAP19, 1xUE06, 2xUK06. The apron prize code is CA06.
- For US donors: if your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information for a successful corporate match.
- Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
- Finally, please remember to see the raffle results on Pim’s blog (Chez Pim) on Wednesday 9 January 2008.
To learn more about Menu for Hope IV, please read the following:
- Menu for Hope IV – Main Site (this is where you can find all the regional hosts)
- Menu for Hope IV – Canada domesticgoddess.ca/entries.php?entry=10284
- Firstgiving – Menu for Hope IV (to bid on prizes – the apron is number CA06)
- Daily Bread Foodbank
- Ontario Association of Food Banks
- Canadian Association of Food Banks
- Action Against Hunger
- Freedom from Hunger (freedomfromhunger.org)
- The Global FoodBanking Network
- The Hunger Project
And don’t forget about these sites online.