Is there a way to get more emoticons?

for registered members' test posting and requests for new features in these discussions
administrator
registered

Is there a way to get more emoticons?

Post by administrator »

in another post, CAM wrote: Is there a way to get more emoticons?
All of the emoticons available on this forum are shown beside the reply message window. I might add others if I like them but I am very unlikely to add the standard smileys, because I loathe them.
- forum administrator (aka llizard)
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Post by llizard (aka ejm) »

Okay, can anyone tell what this is supposed to be? :whee:

If not, I'll remove it.
MrsBrown
registered

I know the answer!!

Post by MrsBrown »

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Clearly, it's a cow doing the hula hoop!
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

llizard wrote:Okay, can anyone tell what this is supposed to be? :whee:

If not, I'll remove it.
Ooh, leave it in! I don't know which part I like better: the actual hula-ing cow or the ":whee:".

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: Jump Jump Jump Jump Hurrah Hurrah
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: Stomp Stomp Stomp Stomp Hurrah Hurrah
:stomp: :stomp: :stomp: :stomp: Whee Whee Whee Whee Hurrah Hurrah

Whee! :stomp:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

blm wrote: Ooh, leave it in! I don't know which part I like better: the actual hula-ing cow or the ":whee:".
I'm glad to hear that it is so obvious. Now, how about this one?

:lalala:

I think it's pretty obvious what it is. But do you think it's too big in comparison to the others?

:lalala: :stomp: :jump: :whee:
MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

llizard wrote: But do you think it's too big in comparison to the others?

:lalala: :stomp: :jump: :whee:
No, it's a pig. Pigs are larger. Oh, but wait, they aren't larger than a cow. Hmmm. Perhaps the pig is just closer to us than the cow or the sheep. :lalala:

:whee: :jump: :whee: :stomp: :jump: :whee:

:!: :!: Keep the pig! Keep the pig! :arrow: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

:lalala: I must admit that I'm quite pleased with the pig and have decided that even though it is much larger than the cow, it will stay. Perhaps I will alter the cow to make it look larger (or further away)
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

I think this is better now....

:whee:

I hope it is still recognizable. Here is the older version beside the new version. Which is preferred?

:lalala: Image :whee: :lalala:
Barbara
registered

ah, not imagining things after all

Post by Barbara »

llizard wrote:I think this is better now....

:whee:

I hope it is still recognizable. Here is the older version beside the new version. Which is preferred?

:lalala: Image :whee: :lalala:
I think I like the new cow better. :bravo:
Lawless in Lotusland
registered

Post by Lawless in Lotusland »

I like the hula hoop cow, but I think both cows were excellent. I also like the pig with the yo-yo. In fact I like all the emoticons. I just don't know what emotions go with the various animals. ARe there any rules about this that I might try to break?

Sincerely,
Lawless
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Lawless in Lotusland wrote:ARe there any rules about this that I might try to break?

It's all a matter of interpretation about what emotions, if any, the animals are representing. As for rules you might want to try to break, why would you care? I would have thought the lawless would just go ahead and do whatever they pleased. Or is lawlessness not the same as anarchy?
J Michael

Post by J Michael »

hellooo all! now how did I miss this one??? Before coming to this topic, without my glasses, thought that it was a dog doing the hula but was wondering, what's that pink thing doing there?? Aaahhh and then we found out heheheh after reading heheheh. :whee: we like them all... thanks.
Lawless in Lotusland
registered

Post by Lawless in Lotusland »

llizard wrote:
Lawless in Lotusland wrote:ARe there any rules about this that I might try to break?

It's all a matter of interpretation about what emotions, if any, the animals are representing. As for rules you might want to try to break, why would you care? I would have thought the lawless would just go ahead and do whatever they pleased. Or is lawlessness not the same as anarchy?
What is the fun of being lawless if there are no rules to break? I think lawlessness is different from anarchism. Anarchists think there should be no laws. Lawless people don't have any such principles. Or perhaps I am mixing up "lawlessness" (having no laws) with "lawbreaking."