re: Ontario Government's "Power. Smarter." program

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011
ejm
registered

re: Ontario Government's "Power. Smarter." program

Post by ejm »

We just got a notice in the mail telling us that we are now on "time-of-use" rates for electricity. Along with this notice is a quick guide and two sticky decals to attach to our dishwasher and clothes dryer with hints about when it is best to run them.

Hellooooooooooo!!! We DON'T have a dishwasher (well, we do, but it's not electronic. It's me). We DON'T have a clothes dryer either (correction: we do, but it's not electronic either. It's a rope).

In fact, we have never had either of those appliances. I think we should be exempt from this pay extra for peak use. I'm sure that the Ontario government disagrees and would try to say that we're already getting a break simply because we do not use these devices.

The only electronic things we're running in peak hours are lights and stove/oven to make dinner. Perhaps we should embrace the raw food diet. :stomp: :lalala: (Shall we shop daily so that we can get rid of our refrigerator too?)
MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

So are you going to put one sticker on the clothes dryer rope? maybe make a necklace out of the other so you can wear it when you wash the dishes? :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
David
registered

Post by David »

Do you have the option to purchase your electricity from a different supplier?
ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

Hmm, that's an interesting idea, MrsBrown. I'm not sure that the sticker will go with all of my dishwashing outfits. BUT, the idea does make me realize that I should be demanding twice as much in wages if I do the dish-washing during peak hours. :jump:
David wrote:Do you have the option to purchase your electricity from a different supplier?
Alas, no.