Movies

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011

What do you think of "The Day after tomorrow"?

Terrific -- rush right out and get it
No votes
Ho Hum
100%
They should have paid me to watch it
No votes

Total votes: 1

CAM
registered

Movies

Post by CAM »

Had a chance to see "The Day after Tomorrow" the other evening. I found it very exciting, and enjoyed it. I understand it's not plausible, but I didn't care while I was watching it. Typical "disaster" flick but fun.

Is there a way to get more emoticons?
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Re: Movies

Post by llizard (aka ejm) »

CAM wrote:Had a chance to see "The Day after Tomorrow" the other evening. I found it very exciting, and enjoyed it.
Hmmm. I thought it was pretty dumb - I mean really, spoiler: (highlight between dotted lines)
EVERYONE survives??

But I must confess that I only saw the last ten minutes and was subjected to a few minutes from the middle of the movie so I could get the pleasure of seeing the spoiler: (highlight between dotted lines)
tornado
section.
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

"Van Helsing" - another one to avoid

<big>"Van Helsing" :stinks: - another one to avoid </big>
related page: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/van_helsing/

Granted, I only saw the last ten minutes - it's not really my kind of movie. But in that ten minutes, I saw Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the Wolfman and pehaps an archangel - at least I think that was who that character was portraying.... I did not see the Mummy, Godzilla or Bambi. :stomp:

spoiler between dotted lines (highlight to read)
I also didn't see Mr. Hyde because he died at the beginning of the movie. The fabulously acrobatic heroine dies just before the end (goodness how sad) but as the hero watches her burning (lots of flames so we don't see anything unsavoury) on her funeral pyre, he suddenly turns to look skyward and we see her smiling in the clouds like the baby at the end of Teletubbies. Alas there was no accompanying "Bye bye!" from teletubbies.

oops I forgot my name...

Post by oops I forgot my name... »

Hmm.. I just clicked your link to RT - wow - does this sound like a turkey!
What inspired you to rent???
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

oops I forgot my name... wrote:What inspired you to rent???
I voted against it - which is why I only saw the last ten minutes. Someone else in the house was anxious to see it. Someone else's mind was changed after seeing it....