pajama pattern

most recent posts (22 July - 13 October 2004) from the ad studded bravenet board
bravenet_archive
Administrator

pajama pattern

Post by bravenet_archive »

originally posted by jan on Sep 2, 04 - 7:42 PM

Hi there!
I just searched for a free pajama pattern and found yours!! Thanks a million - its just what I was looking for!
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Re: pajama pattern

originally posted by blm on Sep 2, 04 - 9:40 PM

Cool. I've never looked at those patterns before. Almost makes me want to sew. Almost ...
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Re: pajama pattern

originally posted by CAM on Sep 5, 04 - 12:38 AM
Related Website: http://etherwork.net/sew/pants.html

These look good! I showed them to my daughter who looked at the pattern and said "those are tapered."

For those of you not in the know, tapered pants are not the thing these days. Doesn't matter that these are Pakistani type.

She asked whether the pattern be altered to be straight legged? I said "yes, they could"... Llizard, I don't suppose you have made a pattern for straight legged lounging pajamas? Would you just square them off?
bravenet_archive
Administrator

Re: Re: pajama pattern

originally posted by llizard on Sep 5, 04 - 10:59 AM
Related Website: http://etherwork.net/sew/pants.html

CAM wrote:
: tapered pants are not the thing these days.
:..................................................

Oh my. How will I break this terrible news to my husband? He will be devastated to learn that he is so horribly out of fashion.

I haven't made squared off pants for a long time. But I would think that, yes, the inside leg piece could be squared off. The inside leg would still have to have a bit of a curve at the crotch though.

If your daughter is thinking about making something like this, I would recommend that she look at the bottoms of a pair of men's pajamas. They are usually quite straight legged.