Call me fish dude

posts from December 2003 - June 2004
administrator
registered

Call me fish dude

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by MEF, Feb/25/2004 09:55:00 [-05 EST]

Continuing in the same freezer case (as the whitefish) I bought a 1kg Lake Trout (gutted) yesterday. Again, it was from Manitoba and it was dirt cheap ($3.00 CAD). I threw it into the kitchen sink to thaw in cold water for a few hours. I then stuffed it with dill and onions and put some sliced ginger around the outside, wrapped it in foil (with a bit of olive oil), and bunged into a 450F oven for 25 minutes. WOW! Is it good! I pulled off the two fillets and cooled them. The first bit was served to Mrs. MEF with some red pepper and tamari dip as she came home from work. It was obviously a hit as she took more of the same for lunch today. Killer fish for nada!
administrator
registered

yes to fish in Thailand

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by CAM, Feb/25/2004 15:51:28 [-05 EST] [5]
related page: http://importfood.com/recipes/3flavorfish.html

I'm starting to really like fish. I guess an example of the French proverb which I can't quite remember in French: "the taste is acquired in the eating." This year I'm sticking to fish when eating in Thailand. My Thai colleagues are all avoiding chicken, so why not try the many wonderful fish and seafood dishes! Better for me than pork which is another staple here. I think the attached fish recipe may be similar to what I've been eating quite a bit here. It's quite spicy - delicious. Or, try something like: Thai fish in chili (Also consider making the famous soup, tom yam kung (or tom yam goong) - spicy shrimp soup. I've never tried to make it -- has a lot of ingredients that are a little out of the ordinary in Canada, and which are not actually eaten. Or try the following recipe for spicy catfish - for this recipe, I think you might try other kinds of large white fish cut into steaks or just grill/fry any white fish and serve the sauce with it. http://importfood.com/recipes/thaispicycatfish.html.

I used to be intimidated at the thought of cooking Thai food, but then I discovered that there are many wonderful ready-made Thai curry pastes and sauces etc. that make Thai cooking really very easy.
administrator
registered

Re: yes to fish in Thailand

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by David, Feb/26/2004 04:38:20 [-05 EST] /b]

>CAM, Feb/25/2004 15:51:28 [-05 EST]
>I'm starting to really like fish. I guess an example
>of the French proverb which I can't quite remember
>in French: "the taste is acquired in the eating."

I think the expression is
"Le goût est répugnant et je ne vais pas manger cette merde."
Last edited by administrator on Fri 15 Oct, 2004 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
administrator
registered

"l’appétit vient en mangeant"

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by CAM, Feb/28/2004 04:05:19 [-05 EST]

hmm. Not fond of fish???
administrator
registered

Au contraire, j'adore des poissons.

Post by administrator »

Subject: Au contraire, j'adore des poissons.

originally a starblvd post by David, Mar/1/2004 08:47:20 [-05 EST]

Je voudrais faire une plaisanterie en français mais je ne peux pas. Plaignez-moi. J'ai un petit cerveau.
administrator
registered

"Petit Cerveau"? Nej!

Post by administrator »

Subject: "Petit Cerveau"? Nej!

originally a starblvd post by MEF, Mar/1/2004 12:17:39 [-05 EST]

Du har en fin cerveau, David. Du har okso fin Frasnka!
administrator
registered

un petit cerveau?

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by CAM, Mar/19/2004 22:16:04 [-05 EST]

Vous avez un petit cerveau? Vous etes drole. Et maintenant, je casse le rules de David. I laughed out loud at your unique version of the French expression I was thinking of. Or perhaps a "petit cerveau" is a special type of fish? ;)