Cut Flowers - Heresy or Heaven

posts from December 2003 - June 2004
administrator
registered

Cut Flowers - Heresy or Heaven

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by MEF, Mar/8/2004 13:30:32 [-05 EST]

In the past I always thought of cut flowers as something to get for a special ocasion. Now I have changed my mind - everyday is a 'special ocasion'. Well, not really, but, why not enjoy blooms all the time? OK, so it's costly; well, not horribly. For about $7.00 CAD a week we can have flowers of all kinds all the time. Is this an 'extravagance' other forum posters indulge in?
administrator
registered

Cut Flowers

Post by administrator »

Cut Flowers
originally a starblvd post by David, Mar/12/2004 08:38:36 [-05 EST]

For me, it's not a question of money. I buy cut flowers for certain female relatives because I know they like them but in my own home I prefer to see flowers growing in the ground or in a pot.
administrator
registered

re: cut flowers

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by llizard, Mar/12/2004 10:20:43 [-05 EST]

I think cut flowers are a wonderful thing to have in the house - especially in the bleakness of winter. But I've always considered them an extravagance. MEF, you have put the extravagance in perspective. Cdn$7 a week? That's quite reasonable.

It might also cure me of this following bad habit that occurs when having cut flowers only rarely. One is loathe (or forgets) to toss them out.
administrator
registered

another bonus!

Post by administrator »

originally a starblvd post by MrsBrown, Mar/17/2004 11:50:19 [-05 EST]

The daffodils are so pretty that it makes me want to show them off on the (now) rubble free dining room table.

---------------------------
editor's note: it seems that a post or two are missing from this thread.