You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you?

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011
Barbara
registered

You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you?

Post by Barbara »

Yes, I'm afraid I did. The number 28 looked so inviting, I just had to click on it.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about (and maybe it has to be between Nov 27 and Dec 25 2005), look near the top right of this page.

:hohoho: :ah: :hohoho: :*5: :hohoho: :ah: :hohoho: :*5: :hohoho: :ah: :hohoho: :*5: :hohoho: :ah: :hohoho: :*5: :hohoho: :ah: :hohoho: :*5:

Hurrah!

Update: I clicked on a few more days, and now I have to click on all the days. "Three words" ... heee hee.
CAM
registered

Re: You didn't really expect to be able to peek ahead, did you?

Post by CAM »

oh oh oh! I am excited that llizard has done her advent calendar again. I confess I did peak ahead.... :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

:*4: :*1: :*2: :*3: :*4: :*1: :*2: :*3: :*4: :*1: :*2: :*3: :*4:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Post by llizard (aka ejm) »

blm wrote:"Three words" ... heee hee.
:whee: I don't know why, but I was particularly please with myself for thinking of that.
CAM wrote:oh oh oh! I am excited that llizard has done her advent calendar again.
I'm so glad to hear that.... I almost didn't do it this year. It took so much time to draw an image a day last December that I knew I HAD to do this year's calendar in advance. I imagined that I was going to do it this summer.

But as CAM, in the thread entitled 'Another pointless waste of time' wrote, I am
Designed for Procrastination.
So when November rolled around and I hadn't even begun, I have to say that I was most annoyed to see that Advent started so early this year. Initially, I was going to cheat and only do from the beginning of December. But miraculously, I finished a little earlier than I anticipated so could add images for November as well.

And of course, I have now spent far too much time investigating how to stop people from peeking ahead....
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

llizard wrote:...
And of course, I have now spent far too much time investigating how to stop people from peeking ahead....
This made me try a new way of peeking ahead - ooh, I like the "Nice Try" screen!

:lalala:
MrsBrown
registered

Post by MrsBrown »

It's particularly inviting to click on Dec 6 and 24 as they are lit up looking like they're ready and waiting for me to click on them. But alas, all I get is 3 words or the dream song. It puts me in mind of Donny Osmond. :*1: :*4: :*3: :*1: :*4: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I'm a little surprised by the locations of the registered users. Some of them seem so ... pedestrian. :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

edited 3 minutes later: Oh great, now I have an audio virus and singing O Canada DIDN'T get rid of it. Now what????
CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

blm wrote:
llizard wrote:...
This made me try a new way of peeking ahead - ooh, I like the "Nice Try" screen!

:lalala:
Oh yes, I do love the "nice try" screen. But oh my my my, Llizard, I do think you are spending far too much time stopping us from peaking. Do you have it all automated, or do you have to put the new one up each day?

I'm delighted that you use EST. I don't have to dream dream dream as long as those in different time zones. hohohohohoho!
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

CAM wrote:Do you have it all automated, or do you have to put the new one up each day?
That would be telling... :lalala:

:hohoho:
blm wrote: This made me try a new way of peeking ahead - ooh, I like the "Nice Try" screen!
Eeeeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeeee I wondered at the time if it were necessary and am happy to see that it was :hohoho: :jump: :hohoho:

Sorry about the audio virus, MrsBrown. Perhaps these will help:

http://llizard.etherwork.net/Advent2004/dec7_04.html
http://llizard.etherwork.net/Advent2004/dec15_04.html
http://llizard.etherwork.net/Advent2004/dec21_04.html

:hohoho: :jump: :hohoho: :*1: :*2: :*3: :*4: :hohoho: :jump: :hohoho:
CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
I have been wondering why the alphabet signs "W is for wreath" etc, are so difficult to read.... it didn't seem like llizard to make an error like this. I was pondering this when suddently my cursor went over the "W is for wreath," and I discovered a totally new way to procrastinate! Try it! Lovely, llizard. This will delight children of all ages.

CM
:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Last edited by CAM on Tue 13 Dec, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

CAM wrote:I have been wondering why the alphabet signs "W is for wreath" etc, are so difficult to read.... it didn't seem like llizard to make an error like this. I was pondering this when suddently my cursor went over the "W is for wreath," and I discovered a totally new way to procrastinate! Try it! Lovely, llizard. This will delight children of all ages.

CM
"Wreath"! Of course! I tried willow, wizard, wassail, wand, and a whole bunch of other words I can't remember.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :hohoho: :hohoho:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

blm wrote: "Wreath"! Of course! I tried willow, wizard, wassail, wand, and a whole bunch of other words I can't remember.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Wasn't it obvious from the picture that it was a wreath???
CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

some Christmas audio viruses available here: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/55/story ... .html#trad
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

llizard wrote:
Wasn't it obvious from the picture that it was a wreath???
Yes, but I was trying to guess what it would be before I saw it. After I successfully guessed "oranges" the day before it was the oranges day, I have been trying to guess some of the other ones too. As CAM says, a totally new way to procrastinate! Whee and double whee!

:whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :lalala:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

blm wrote: As CAM says, a totally new way to procrastinate! Whee and double whee!

:whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :lalala:
And here I thought that I was the Queen of procrastination by making the thing in the first place. I stand back and bow in awe at both of you.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :lalala: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Barbara
registered

Let it snow!

Post by Barbara »

Oooh! I like the snow on the Advent calendar.

I had to look up Reblechon on the List for Santa. I've never heard of that cheese before. Google asked me if I meant "reblochon". Did I?
Edit: Yes, it seems that "reblochon" and "reblechon" are the same cheese.

I'm not usually fond of creamy things, but the TARTIFLETTE recipe on this page sounds kind of good! http://www.plagne.com/recettes-savoyardes_e.htm

:*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :lalala: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*3: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*1: :*4: :*4: :*4: :*4: :*4: :*4: :*4: :*2: :*2: :*2: :*2: :*2: :*2: :*2: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :whoohoo: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*5: :*2: :*2: :*2: :*2:
Barbara
registered

I just noticed ...

Post by Barbara »

I just looked back at the beginning of the Advent Calendar, thinking that the first few days weren't related to the December decoration days. But I see that they are an introduction to the December days. Ahh, that's very satisfying. :bravo:

:ah: