oh, goodie!

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011
CAM
registered

oh, goodie!

Post by CAM »

http://llizard.etherwork.net/gifs/Advent2006.php. I've been checking every day for a few days.... I can hardly wait! Thank you llizard!
Barbara
registered

Re: oh, goodie!

Post by Barbara »

CAM wrote:http://llizard.etherwork.net/gifs/Advent2006.php. I've been checking every day for a few days.... I can hardly wait! Thank you llizard!
Ah, my favourite time of the year, when I can see the wide array of "No peeking" messages. llizard has done a great job this year with them. :bravo:

(I can't resist checking them all, in case there's been a slip-up somewhere.) :lalala:

For llizard's eyes only: Little problem with Dec 25. If you're not llizard and you're still reading this after I said not to, I click my tongue at you, tsk tsk.
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Post by llizard (aka ejm) »

blm wrote:
CAM wrote:http://llizard.etherwork.net/gifs/Advent2006.php. I've been checking every day for a few days.... I can hardly wait! Thank you llizard!
Ah, my favourite time of the year, when I can see the wide array of "No peeking" messages. llizard has done a great job this year with them. :bravo:

(I can't resist checking them all, in case there's been a slip-up somewhere.) :lalala:

Augh!!! I've only just put it up there and you've ALREADY found it?? Yikes! (Of course, I haven't finished it yet... I was too busy adding the "no peeking" messages.)

Thanks, blm, for the tip. I believe it's fixed now. (hope so, I'm gone from the computer until Sunday - the 1st day of Advent)
I hardly ever use this username any more. I usually use "ejm"
CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

Thanks llizard! I like the flaming candles. I tried to guess the name of the Dec 4 image, but gave up. BTW, is it only on my computer? -- I see some kind of gliche in the animated part of your advent candle image -- A tiny vertical line is flickering on the left side of the flame.
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

CAM wrote:I see some kind of gliche in the animated part of your advent candle image -- A tiny vertical line is flickering on the left side of the flame.
Well, rats. It wasn't just your computer, CAM. Thanks for telling me. It's fixed now... :hohoho:

CAM wrote:I tried to guess the name of the Dec 4 image, but gave up.
I'm sure it will become clear as you see more pictures. (At least I hope so!)
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

llizard wrote:
CAM wrote:I tried to guess the name of the Dec 4 image, but gave up.
I'm sure it will become clear as you see more pictures. (At least I hope so!)
I was amazed that I guessed the Dec 4 name correctly, but I am stuck on Dec 5. Augh.

:hohoho:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

blm wrote:I am stuck on Dec 5. Augh.
Yay!!! I'm so happy that it's not too easy! :whee:

:*3: :*2: :*5: :hohoho: :*1: :*4: :*3: :hohoho: :*1: :*4: :*3: :hohoho: :*5: :*2: :*3:

(heh... I hope it isn't too hard.... :lalala: )
CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

I was astonished at the accuracy of the image of the Beehive corn syrup! I finally guessed the December 4 word,
Spoiler (highlight to read):
but I think llizard helped by adding a clue.
------------
edit 5 December: Shhhh, don't blab!!!!! -llizard
CAM
registered

Post by CAM »

December 7: Oh, now, really, llizard, isn't that cheating?

By the way, the St. Nicholas Day diplomatic crisis with the Dutch was resolved beautifully with your suggesting polishing the remaining shoes ready to receive chocolate.

The eyes brightened, and the ears almost visibly perked up.... "Chocolate, did you say?..."

Those Concerned welcomed the idea of creating a tradition of shoe sorting with the promise of chocolate next year. Thank you, llizard!
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Glad to hear that the St.Nicholas Day shoe sorting and chocolate filling project is agreeable. I really must remember to implement it here too.
CAM wrote:December 7: Oh, now, really, llizard, isn't that cheating?
I don't think I've cheated... :lalala:

(looking again to make sure...)

Nope. Not me. :hohoho: :jump: :hohoho:
DataRyder
registered

Post by DataRyder »

CAM wrote:[...] I finally guessed the December 4 word, ...[...]
I beat you all and finally guessed the theme of this years Advent Calendar.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Stick to it, roll the dice, it's time to have a warm and fuzzy Christmas.
- DataRyder (always first) :stomp: :jump: :yippee:
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

DataRyder wrote:
I beat you all ...

- DataRyder (always first) :stomp: :jump: :yippee:
I finally guessed the theme too. :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:

Not a real spoiler (highlight to read)

But I still haven't figured out all the words yet to come. Still stumped by 14, 15, 17, 21 and 22.

I hope llizard doesn't mind us trying to peek ahead by guessing the future words. I don't think so, though. Surely we deserve a peeking-reward after being regularly foiled from peeking ahead at the pictures.
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

DataRyder wrote:I beat you all and finally guessed the theme of this years Advent Calendar.
blm wrote:I finally guessed the theme too. :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:

I hope llizard doesn't mind us trying to peek ahead by guessing the future words.
Congratulations to both of you!! :hohoho: :bravo: :hohoho: :bravo: :hohoho:

I don't mind people trying to peek ahead. I just hope for your sakes that Santa doesn't mind... :ohoh:
:hohoho: :jump: :hohoho: :jump: :hohoho: :jump: :hohoho: :jump: :hohoho:
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

I'm so proud of myself!! I've finished all the images and uploaded everything in record time - I just finished the Christmas Day image today.

(I hope I haven't made any mistakes for you types who like to try peeking ahead in advanced ways...)
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

llizard wrote:I'm so proud of myself!! I've finished all the images and uploaded everything in record time - I just finished the Christmas Day image today.

Thanks, llizard!
llizard wrote:(I hope I haven't made any mistakes for you types who like to try peeking ahead in advanced ways...)
Heh heh heh - I hope you have. (Hmm, where's the "heh heh heh" icon ...) :lalala:

(Isn't the English word "I" unfortunate? It's so difficult to emphasize it.)