okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands

posts from 13 October 2004 to 14 March 2011
ejm
registered

okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands

Post by ejm »

I am a big fan of the The Really Big Button
on pixelscapes.com' Really Big Button page, Stefan Gagne wrote:[...] the most unusual artifact to be discovered on the Superhighway de la Informatique: the really big button that doesn't do anything. Developed in early '94, labelled as the Mystery Spot of the Internet, thousands flock to this button every day, pushing it, attempting to get it to do something; all in vain.
But I'm not a big fan of the actual button. It's just not really big, don't you think? So, I made a bigger button:

http://etherwork.net/scribbles/push.html

It doesn't do anything either. Well, almost nothing....
So... have YOU backed up your files lately? And defragged too!?
Barbara
registered

Re: okay, it's official... I have too much time on my hands

Post by Barbara »

ejm wrote: But I'm not a big fan of the actual button. It's just not really big, don't you think? So, I made a bigger button:

http://etherwork.net/scribbles/push.html

It doesn't do anything either. Well, almost nothing....
Ooh, I like the almost nothing that it does. But shouldn't yours be even bigger? You've left room for someone else to make an even bigger one.

When I clicked the one that's posted on your Facebook page, it switched to a different picture and I thought "that's not almost nothing".

:lalala:
ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

Barbara wrote:When I clicked the one that's posted on your Facebook page, it switched to a different picture and I thought "that's not almost nothing".

It switched to a different picture?? What kind of different picture? (I'm beginning to HATE facebook.)
Barbara
registered

Post by Barbara »

ejm wrote:
Barbara wrote:When I clicked the one that's posted on your Facebook page, it switched to a different picture and I thought "that's not almost nothing".

It switched to a different picture?? What kind of different picture? (I'm beginning to HATE facebook.)
The drawing of the person leaning into the wind.

I think I get it. When you click on the button in Facebook, it's just the thumbnail thing and it takes you to your photos. Clicking on each picture seems to advance to the next one. And since there's only two, they go back and forth.
ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

Barbara wrote: The drawing of the person leaning into the wind.

I think I get it. When you click on the button in Facebook, it's just the thumbnail thing and it takes you to your photos. Clicking on each picture seems to advance to the next one. And since there's only two, they go back and forth.
Rrrrr... now I DO hate facebook. I had no idea that would happen!

Thanks for telling me. I've fixed it now (I think) by moving the windy day drawing into a separate folder.
ejm
registered

Post by ejm »

Barbara wrote: Ooh, I like the almost nothing that it does.
Thank you. I was rather proud of myself, even though it meant that the button doesn't actually do nothing at all any more.
Barbara wrote: But shouldn't yours be even bigger? You've left room for someone else to make an even bigger one.
That seems completely okay. Especially as I was smart enough to not claim that my button was the biggest button. And as long as they make their OWN "do nothing" button that's even bigger. I would hate it if they just downloaded my button and enlarged it. That would be a big wrong.