- 2½ c rolled oats
- 1 c unsweetened dessicated coconut
- ½ c sesame seeds
- ½ c wheat germ
- ¼ c cracked wheat (optional)
- ¼ c almonds, sliced
- ¼ c poppy seeds
- pinch salt
- ½ c honey
- ¼ c vegetable oil (we use canola)
- ½ c Thompson raisins
- ¼ c dates, chopped
- ½ c dried apricots, chopped
- In a largish bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, sesame seeds, wheat germ, cracked wheat, almonds, poppy seeds and salt. Stir in honey and oil.
- Spread thinly onto a large cookie sheet. Bake at 225ºF for 1½ hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruits. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more until the grains are golden brown.
Let cool completely before storing in glass container. Serve with yoghurt for breakfast.
printer friendly file
This granola is quite sweet. Use only 1 Tablespoon of honey to make a much less sweet granola. Oat groats, flattened rice and cornmeal are great additions as well. Also, to ensure that the granola stays crispy, omit the fruits and add them as garnish when serving.
Back to our recipes
ejm (aka llizard)
Toronto Ontario Canada
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License