Failure at Capturing Wild Yeast
April 2007 attempt at capturing wild yeast . July 2007 bread failure . July 2007 2nd attempt to capture wild yeast . July 2007 bread success! . July 2007 another success! . August 2007 sourdough rye . January 2008 malted wildbread . June 2012 wild yeast capture . June 2012 Wild Bread (Tartine) . travelling with sourdough starter . hand-kneading slack dough
When the weather turned warm, I decided to try capturing wild yeast again. I tried making bread too soon and here are the disastrous results:
The bread was so hard and sour smelling that even with our sharpest largest knife, it was difficult to break it up into small pieces for the composter... in retrospect, I should have used our hacksaw.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License