(click on images for larger views)
But, yes!! My culture is looking decidedly less cultured! I think it might be almost ready to graduate and become a starter.
But look closer. Look at that foam!!
The yoghurt smell is still there faintly, but mostly it just smells beautifully sweet with just a hint of a tang. Nothing funky. Nothing sour.
I might even attempt to do a final buildup tomorrow. Whoohoo!
- Why wait for spring? capturing wild yeast: part 1
- bubbles!!! capturing wild yeast: part 2
- still bubbling! capturing wild yeast: part 3
- crackers… capturing wild yeast: part 4
- no bread yet… capturing wild yeast: parts 5 & 6
- baking powder pucks
- Wild yeast hunt is on again…
- care for some flat bread, anyone?
- still hunting for the elusive wild yeast…
- bubbles, tiny bubbles!!
- wild yeast starter recipe